- Books: 4 weeks
- Holiday Books: 2 weeks
- Magazines: 1 week
- New Fiction: 2 weeks
- New Nonfiction: 2 weeks
- Sound Recordings: 2 weeks
- Toys, Games & Learning Materials: 2 weeks
- DVDs and Blu-ray Discs: 1 week
In order to check items out of the Library, you must have your library card with you. (Need to get a library card? Details on the requirements can be found here). You can return your items to any library in the Old Colony Library Network and they will be delivered back to us. For your convenience, both the Main Library and the Manomet Branch have bookdrops which can be used whenever the library is closed. To avoid possible damage, some items–such as DVDs–do require that you bring them to the desk when they are returned.
All Plymouth-owned items may be renewed once as long as the items are not on reserve for another patron. You can renew an item by logging into your OCLN account and entering your library card number and PIN. On your account summary page, click on the link to “Review/Renew Checkouts”. You will see a list of all the items charged to your card and the date when they are due. You can select titles and click on “Renew Selected Items” to renew them.
- All materials except for DVDs and Blu-Ray are $.10 a day
- DVDs and Blue-Ray are $.25 a day
We can accept payment for fines in the form of cash or check only. If paying by check, the following rules apply:
- No starter checks accepted
- Name and address must be pre-printed on the check along with the routing / account number and check number
- The check must not be post-dated
- Make Payable to: Town of Plymouth
- Current telephone number, driver’s license number and date of birth must be written on the check
- The written and numeric amounts must match. If there are any cross outs or write-overs in the written amount, we cannot accept the check
- We can only accept checks written for the exact amount due
To avoid paying overdue charges, you can participate in our Food for Fines program. The third full week of each month we accept donations of non-perishable foods in lieu of library fines. One non-perishable item will pay the fine for one overdue item being returned. All donations are passed along to the Plymouth Food Pantry, serving local families in need. The Food for Fines program does not include old fines or fees.
We do not accept credit cards at the Library. However, you do have the option of paying your bill online ($5.00 minimum) by logging into your Old Colony Network library account. Accepted forms of payment include American Express, Discover, Mastercard, and Visa.