- Great Websites for Kids
- The Association for Library Services for Children (ALSC), a division of the American Library Association, sponsors a listing of websites for children, as well as for Parents, Caregivers, and Teachers. Check them out for even more great resources like the ones listed below!
- PBS Kids
- Bedtime Math
- Fact Monster
- International Children’s Digital Library
- Being Internet Awesome
- Juvenile Series and Sequels at the Mid-Continent Public Library
- Looking for the next book in your favorite series, or another series by an author you love? This great resource makes it easy to search by series title, book title, or author.
- For a list of kid-friendly library databases, click here.
- Our library databases search a number of resources that can be used to do research for school projects. Many of the articles and resources that you can find in a database come from print resources like books, newspapers, magazines, and journals. If you are using these databases outside of the library, you will need your library card number and PIN to log in. (First time users: Your PIN is “ocln”.) If you need help getting started, the Children’s Room and Reference staff are happy to help.
- Get Ready to Read
- Boston Parents Paper
- South Shore Moms and Dads Guide
- Safe Kids
- Allergic Child
- Free Technology for Teachers
- Advocates for Home Education in Massachusetts
- Discovery Education Free Teacher Resources
- School Library Journal Children’s App Review
- Grow Up Reading
- Kids Games – The Boredom Buster