Can’t come to the library? We can come to you. If you have a disability or a health or mobility challenge, we can arrange for books (large print, regular print, audiobooks, DVD’s and CD’s) and other library materials to be mailed to your home.
Call Library Outreach Services at 508-830-4250 x248 to find out what services are currently available or sign up for library outreach services.
Delivery by mail
We can send books, music and movies by mail for free.
(The library is able to mail large print books to homebound residents who are otherwise unable to access library materials. The US Postal Service allows free postage for mailing large print library materials and audio recordings to individuals with visual impairment or physical limitations.)
How does it work?
- When you are enrolled/approved in this program, you can request books by phone, mail, email. The Outreach librarian will be happy to assist you.
- Books will arrive through the US Postal mail service. You will have an extended checkout period. When you are finished with your books, simply:
- Place them in the mailbag and place the address card on the front of the bag showing the library address
- secure the bag with the extra tie
- place the bag in the US Postal mail for return to the library – no postage necessary
Talking Books and Braille Services through the Perkins Library
Talking Books and Braille Services at the Perkins Library provides audiobooks and players to print-disabled residents of Massachusetts. You can reach them at 617-972-7240. If you would like to try out a talking book player at home, we have one that we can loan you along with a sample book cartridge. Ask our Outreach Librarian.
Adult living residences and assisted living facilities
We can bring a large selection of books, music and movies every month for browsing and borrowing. Contact the Outreach Librarian for details.
Follow this link to learn more about all of our outreach services.