Thank you to all those who turned out on Saturday, March 25 for our “Cutting the Cord” program with Technical Services Librarian, Ann Clarke. For those who missed it, you can download a copy of Ann’s PowerPoint presentation.
This program also marked the first time Plymouth library card holders could check out indoor HDTV antennas from the library. If you are unsure if you will be able to get adequate TV signals where you live, check out one of our antennas and try before you buy! The library owns two antennas, and each antenna can be checked out for two weeks. Product information and setup instructions are included in the bag with each antenna. Check the catalog or call the Reference Desk at 508-830-4250 to place a hold.
For more information about cutting the cord, Ann has compiled the following list of helpful internet resources:
- Cord Cutting 2017: the definitive guide with everything you need to know
- Cut the Cord with These Cable-Killing Gadgets
- Federal Communications Commission DTV reception maps
- Roku vs. Apple TV vs. Chromecast vs. Amazon Fire TV vs. Android TV: Which streamer should you buy?
- Should you cut the cable-TV cord in 2017?
- Your Guide to Cable TV Cord Cutting
If you were unable to make it to the program and would like to view the recording, watch the video below!