The Hoopla Digital media service allows you to stream and download audiobooks, comics, eBooks, movies, music and television shows. You never have to wait to borrow any item through Hoopla, because more than one person can access the title at the same time.
Download the free Hoopla mobile app on your Android, iOS or Kindle device to begin enjoying thousands of titles from major film studios, recording companies and publishers. Hoopla items can also stream to your computer through your Web browser.
- You can borrow 10 titles each calendar month.
- Movies and TV lend for 72 hours (3 days).
- Music lends for 7 days.
- Audiobooks, comics and eBooks lend for 21 days.
- Content begins streaming immediately, but you can also download most titles to listen to offline on a mobile device.
- Once you borrow a title on one device it is automatically available via all devices with the Hoopla app or, on your computer, through your browser.
- View or listen to the borrowed content as often as you want during the check-out period.
- Do you use Alexa? You can use it to access your Hoopla content! To enable the skill, you start by saying, "Alexa, ask Hoopla." For example, say, "Alexa, ask Hoopla how many borrows I have remaining."
To use this free service, you need to have a current Plymouth Public Library card; for more information on obtaining a library card click here.