Where To Get Tax Forms:
- Online – Download the form you need or order online to have forms mailed to you. There is also the option of electronically filing a return, either through free software (income requirements) or fillable online forms (no income requirements). Another way to find online tax forms quickly is to type “form [number]” into your browser. When you see your search results, make sure to download the form for the 2016 tax year.
- By Phone – Call the IRS at 1-800-829-3676
- By Mail – IRS forms can also be mailed to you. Order them here. Allow 7-10 business days to receive your forms.
- At the library – The Plymouth Public Library will be receiving several hundred copies of federal forms 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ which we will make available as we receive them. As of January 25, we have received copies of all these forms and also the instruction booklets for each. These are all the forms we will be receiving from the IRS. We will make them available as long as supplies last. You can pick them up in the lobby at the Main Library as well as at the Manomet Branch Library.
- Online – print or download forms and other materials from the Massachusetts Department of Revenue website.
- By Phone – Call the Massachusetts Department of Revenue at 1-800-392-6089
- At the library – we will be receiving a limited number of forms. As of March 10, we are OUT of copies of Resident Booklets and do not expect to be receiving any more. We still have available copies of Non-Resident Booklets. These are available in the lobby at the Main Library. These are all the forms we will be receiving from the DOR and will be available as long as supplies last.
Printing your forms at the library
Public computers are available at the Main Library and at the Manomet Branch Library. Access is limited to 3 hours per day and requires a valid library card. If you do not have a library card, you can purchase a Visitor’s Pass for $1.00, which will provide an hour of computer time.
Forms may be printed at both library locations at a cost of $.10/page.
Where to get help:
- IRS Publication 17 (Your Federal Income Tax) is a general but detailed guide to filling out your return
- IRS Publications page Search the list of publications by topic or publication number.
- Phone numbers for tax help at IRS.gov
- Massachusetts Department of Revenue 617-887-MDOR(6367) or toll-free in Massachusetts at 800-392-6089 (help in filing state taxes only)
The Library does NOT provide tax preparation assistance.
However, there is free tax preparation assistance provided at the Plymouth Council on Aging. For additional information please contact the Council on Aging at 508-830-4230.